Scientist » Dr. Alok Srivastava
Centre for Stem Cell Research
Christian Medical College
Office: +91 416 307-5102/5101
Fax: +91 416 307-5103
In the laboratory we are trying to extend the current understanding of haematopoietic stem cell niche to human diseases. The aim is to evaluate the components of the niche - haematopoietic, osteoblastic and endothelial, separately as well as in co-culture systems. Initially, it is planned to evaluate patients with bone marrow failure as well as leukemia's after the methods are established.
Selected Recent Publication
- Srivastava A, Ramachandran V. Shaji.Cure For Thalassemia Major: From Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation To Gene Therapy. Haematologica December 2016 : haematol.2015.141200; Doi:10.3324/haematol.2015.141200.
- Viswanathan S, Rao M, Keating A, Srivastava A. Overcoming challenges to initiating cell therapy clinical trials in rapidly developing countries: India as a model. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2013 Aug;2(8):607-13.
- V. Mathews, B. George, E. Chendamarai, K M Lakshmi, S. Desire, P. Balasubramanian, A. Viswabandya, R. Thirugnanam, A. Abraham, R.V. Shaji, A. Srivastava, M. Chandy. Single agent arsenic trioxide in the treatment of newly diagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia: Long Term Follow Up Data. J Clin Oncol July 19, 2010.
- Rajashekar R, Mathews V, Lakshmi ML, George B, Viswabandya A, Chandy M, Srivastava A. Cellular immune reconstitution and its impact on clinical outcome in children with beta thalassemia major undergoing a matched related myeloablative allogeneic bine marrow transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009; 15:597-609.
- Mathews V, George B, Lakshmi KM, Viswabandya A, John JM, Sitaram U, Daniel D, Chandy M, Srivastava A. Impact of pretransplant splenectomy on patients with beta-thalassemia major undergoing a matched-related allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Pediatr Transplant. 2009;13:171-176.
- Srivastava A. Gene therapy for hemophilia. J Thromb Haemost 2005; 3:1313.